January 2013 Newsletter
Alston Hall was again very pleased with our recent exhibition; the standard of work was excellent. We sold 3 unframed pictures & 1 animal sculpture.
Our next exhibition is our annual exhibition at
The Ace Centre, Cross St, Nelson BB9 7NH - tel.01282 661080
It will be open to the public from
Saturday March 9th to Saturday April 20th 2013 Sat 10-4, Mon-Fri 9-5, free entry.
This is our well known annual event to exhibit paintings not shown at this venue before listing up to 4 paintings for the main exhibition, in order of preference.
Your first choice for the main exhibition will be hung & the Council to choose the others,
- Work not selected, will be exhibited in the 'Salon des Refuses' for that evening only.
"The object of the Society is to encourage appreciation of the visual arts and to promote exhibitions of the highest possible standard"
Pendle Artists future booked venues:-
- Alston Hall December 2013 & January 2014
- The Ace Centre February 21st to April 5th 2014
- Samlesbury Hall on 'The Bridge Passage' July/August 2014
- Alston Hall November 2014
[At present we are in negotiation with Skipton Castle to do another weekend, also The Haworth Gallery & Clitheroe Castle to try & arrange exhibitions]